Our Pledge to You
H.E.A.R.T. pledges to provide a group learning experience where the Christian values you teach at home are respected and upheld, not undermined, while your children are in our program. We have hired Christian instructors who have a passion for their subject area and a desire to engage and excite the children they teach. We strive to provide a physically, emotionally and spiritually safe place for your child to learn and grow.
In order for H.E.A.R.T. to uphold its pledge to the parents and students in the program, we ask that all parents and students read and understand the responsibilities outlined. Upon registration in the H.E.A.R.T. program, we ask that you and your children sign the Policy Acceptance Form stating that you will uphold the outlined responsibilities.
- H.E.A.R.T. is a nine-month, weekly, full-day enrichment program. When you enroll your children in the program, the physical, emotional and financial commitment is for the entire nine months.
- You are ultimately responsible for your children’s behavior while they are in the program.
- For H.E.A.R.T. to run properly, it takes all of us working together. Each family with students enrolled in our K-3rd grade program is required to volunteer roughly 15 hours per enrolled student per year. Families with students in 4th-8th grade are required to volunteer roughly 7 hours per enrolled student per year. You may pay $15.00 per volunteer hour to reduce your obligation. Your payment will offset the tuition of a child whose parents are more able to volunteer their time and less able to pay the tuition costs. This payment is due at the beginning of the school year and is non-refundable. (See Service Commitment Form for more details.)
- We do our best to provide a healthy environment, please help us by keeping sick children at home.
- H.E.A.R.T. Leadership must be told about all conditions which may affect your child’s behavior in class. This will help the Leadership Team and all instructors better meet your child’s needs.
- Please pick up your children promptly after the program has ended. Please let us know if you will be late or if someone else will be picking up your children for you.
- Visibly label belongings. H.E.A.R.T. is not responsible for personal items.
- Please do not call the church office, unless you have an emergency during H.E.A.R.T. program hours.
- Payment is collected the first Thursday of each month during morning sign-in. Checks should be made payable to the Village Church of Barrington. A late fee of $10.00 will be charged to families who miss payment deadlines.
- Absenteeism due to vacation, illness, etc. still requires full payment.
- All payments are non-refundable.
- All returned checks will be assessed a $30.00 fee which must be paid in cash. If two checks are returned, then all future payments must be paid in cash.
- Your signature is required on the Parent and Student Pledge Form indicating that you have read and understood your and your student’s responsibilities and will abide by them.
- Treat your fellow students the way you would like to be treated. Have fun learning and encourage those around you to do the same.
- Have a good attitude. H.E.A.R.T. enjoys small class sizes. Each student’s attitude affects the attitudes of those around him/her. If a child consistently appears to not want to be at H.E.A.R.T., we will ask the child to not return.
- Disruptive and/or disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated. All children must show respect to the instructors, volunteers and other children.
- Specifically, we require that students:
- Be silent when a teacher is talking;
- Follow any and all instructions delivered by a teacher the first time they are delivered;
- Comply without talking back or grumbling; and,
- Talk and behave courteously to each other. ANY passive or overt actions or language that are mean or show disrespect of a fellow student are NOT tolerated.
- If these rules aren’t followed, the following procedure will be followed:
- When a student breaks a rule he/she will be warned once.
- The next time the student breaks the rule, he/she will be taken to the hall and the parent volunteer will find a member of the Leadership Team. That member will speak with the student.
- If the rule is broken again he/she will be sent into the hall with his/her belongings and the parent volunteer will find the Leadership Team member again. The student will not be able to return to class.
- Constant or severe behavior that undermines the physically, emotionally and spiritually safe environment that we have created will result in parental notification and possible expulsion from the program. No refunds will be given.
- Students are required to be on time and prepared for class with all of the supplies listed in this handbook.
- Students must clean up after themselves both inside and outside of the church.
- Damage to any property belonging to the church, H.E.A.R.T. or other program participants must be reported immediately and restitution will be necessary.
- If at any time an activity is deemed harmful by an instructor, volunteer or the H.E.A.R.T. leadership, children will be asked to stop and personal items may be held until the end of the day.
- Students must walk from class to class quietly and in an orderly fashion.
- Students should not go upstairs to the church offices or to the sanctuary unless they are asked to by an adult.
- All students must follow H.E.A.R.T. lunchtime etiquette standards. All students pray, eat, and talk using inside voices and clean up after themselves. They are then able to play before their next class.
- Noisy toys and wheeled sports equipment are not permitted for use in the building.
- Toy guns and harmful items such as knives, matches, lighters and fire crackers are not allowed anywhere on the church premises.
- All students must wear God-honoring clothing while attending the H.E.A.R.T. program.
- Please encourage your student to dress neatly.
- All shirts must have a sleeve. No tank tops allowed.
- Pants must cover all private areas and underwear.
- We ask that students not wear clothes with holes.
- Please refrain from wearing clothing that would be a distraction to other students (i.e.: clothing that reveals too much skin, clothing that features any characters, clothing with suggestive sayings, etc.).
- Students must wear their own name tags at all times while at H.E.A.R.T..